In order to increase our value add to our Clients as well as to diversify our service offerings, EDS has partnered with “like valued” entities to provide robust and solution based strategies. These partnerships include the following;
AIMS, a partnership between EDS and Garioch Consulting, is a roads development incubator that provides capital equipment, accredited training and mentorship to upskill SMME’s and Co-operatives in the road repairs and maintenance sector. AIMS provides the following key deliverables to SMME’s and Co-operatives participating in the programme:
- Access to vehicles, machinery, equipment and tools at a reduced rate (lease to buy model option.
- Accredited training.
- Coaching and Mentorship.
- Production efficiencies and improvement in quality standards.
- Operational, administrative and management support.
- Access to grant and finance funding.
- Provision of comprehensive financial feasibility studies for expansion and sustainable growth.
- Provision of access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
EDS is the 30% BEE partner of Betterect Engineering (Pty) Ltd (Betterect). Betterect was established in 1974 by Martin Zechner and is a specialist in steel fabrication and erection specialising in the following;
- Fabrication (services which includes shop detailing, steel fabrication, packing, loading and transporting).
- Erection (specialist equipment erection, full structural, mechanical, platework and piping (SMPP), project management services and refurbishments.
- Corrosion protection.
For more information on Betterect, visit www.betterect.co.za
Hamba Nathi is a turnkey incubation management services provider that creates, delivers and manages Incubator Logistics Programmes using traditional asset finance tools, fleet and fuel management technology with strict contractual relationship management. The focus is to assist corporations unlock efficiencies, potential and maximum productivity and BBBEE recognition through the application of its innovative empowerment model. Hamba Nathi is aimed at the following:
- To foster entrepreneurship with the express aim of creating sustainable businesses and multi level job creation in the logistics / courier sector.
- To empower the majority of the South African population.
- Coaching and Mentorship.
- To increase productivity and transportation efficiencies through the transfer of the asset to the Hamba Nathi Incubator Programme.
The Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Southern Africa is a non-profit private entity whose main objective is the promotion of its members and the commercial, economic and industrial relations between Spain and Southern Africa. Through our long term relationship with the Spanish Commercial office, Ugeshree Thakurpersad serves as a Director on the Board.
All members of the Spanish chamber have access to discounted training, workshops and access to networking and social events. Furthermore, members are directly incorporated into the European bilateral Chambers of Commerce in South Africa. Established in 2015 after 24 months of consultation with European bilateral Chambers of Commerce, the South African government, business and other stakeholders, the EU Chamber is the voice of all European investors in Southern Africa, that is, 2,000 companies with 300,000 employees.